Advanced Road Accident Fund Claims

Advanced Road Accident Fund Claims


Getting into a car accident is a traumatic experience no matter which way you look at it. The Road Accident Fund is there to help alleviate some of the pain caused by an accident. Although it can’t erase any of the pain and trauma caused by a car accident, the Road Accident Fund (RAF) can be helpful when you need it most.


The Road Accident Fund is responsible for providing appropriate cover to all road users within the borders of South Africa; rehabilitating and compensating persons injured as a result of motor vehicles.

Claims must be accompanied by:

  • Full particulars of the accident
  • Statements of witnesses
  • Police reports
  • Hospital and medical records
  • Vouchers and documents in support of documents claimed
  • RAF will then determine whether the claim is valid or not

Claims can be made for:

  • Past and future medical expenses
  • Past and future loss of earnings
  • Past and future loss of support
  • Funeral expenses
  • General damages

If you’ve made a successful claim with the Road Accident Fund (RAF) and you’re waiting to be paid you can apply for a legal cash advance against the funds owed to you.

Your lawyer can be contacted to help you get an advance on your payout.

Why make advanced Road Accident Fund claims?

RAF claims arise when a person has suffered bodily injury, death or loss of income as a result of a motor vehicle accident caused by the negligent driving of a motor vehicle by a driver.

By making advanced Road Accident Fund claims, you can get access to funds to help you meet short-term needs.

This can assist in bridging the gap between the time your claim has been settled and the time you receive your payout from the RAF.

This essentially means that you get access to your cash when you need it. You don’t have to wait for your claim to be paid.






Categories: Uncategorized

Write a Comment

Your e-mail address will not be published.
Required fields are marked*